Trethorne is reopening its doors to the bar and restaurant on Saturday, July 4th and we are very much looking forward to welcoming back our members, regulars and new patrons alike.
However, like most things since the start of the coronavirus crisis, things are going to be very different for a while. This is the “new normal” for each and every one of us. There’s going to be a learning curve for guests and staff alike, adjusting to this “new normal”.
The changes to how we operate will be adhering to strict Government guidelines as part of our efforts to keep everyone safe from the spread of the virus. We ask for your patience as we adjust to this new way of working.
Below, we’ve made a list of the changes we’re making and the new rules and recommendations we ask you to stick to during your time with us. We ask for your full cooperation and thank you in advance and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Trethorne.
Rules, recommendations and changes at Trethorne after reopening
- There is a new one-way system in place. Guests enter through the main reception to the bar and restaurant, exiting through the patio restaurant into the beer garden.
- Booking tables in advance is advised as we don’t want to disappoint guests turning up without a booking. If you arrive without a booking, please do not be offended if we are forced to turn you away because we are at full capacity. We will always look forward to welcoming you back another time.
- Upon arrival, you may have to queue if we are busy. Please queue at the appropriate one metre + social distance and be aware of your surroundings and others around you.
- When you arrive, you’ll be required to provide your names and contact details in accordance with the Government’s track and trace scheme. One person from each group will be able to provide the information for an entire group so as to limit the number of people queuing.
- Staff will show you to your seating area when you arrive.
- The use of table service is preferred. However, one person from your group will be asked to approach the bar to place/purchase your orders. We accept cash but would prefer the use of card payments.
- Drinks will be delivered to your table in the sequence that they were ordered. A new glass will be used for each new order and staff will collect empty glasses from your table.
- We ask that guests remain seated unless using the toilets or going outside for a cigarette or vape. All vaping must take place outside, indoor vaping is no longer permitted.
- We welcome children but due to the strict measures in place, they must remain seated and under supervision of an adult at all times.
- Please adhere to the information signs posted around the building.
- Only two people will be permitted to use the toilets at any one time, while following good hand hygiene and social distancing measures.
- If you see anything during your visit that you are unhappy with, please feel free to approach staff at a safe distance and tell us.
- However, please do not ask staff to turn a blind eye or to bend the rules. We’re following Government guidelines intended to keep us all safe.
- There will be no entertainment during this period, including fruit machines or pool tables.
- The TV and radio will be on in the background but we’re unable to turn it up as raised voices/singing is currently prohibited.
- All surfaces, including tables, will be wiped down regularly, even when not in use.
- Guests are free to ask staff to clean your table and chairs if it makes them feel more comfortable.
- Staff will adhere to strict hand hygiene.
- The bar will have screens around it. No standing will be permitted inside, even at the bar area; guests will also no longer be allowed to sit at the bar itself.
- Sanitiser stations are available at all entry doors and also dotted throughout the building.
- Visitors must all sanitise their hands with the sanitiser provided on entry and continue to do so as regularly as possible throughout your stay.
- The toilets will be cleaning thoroughly at regular intervals throughout the day.
Rules and recommendations for outdoor spaces
- When sat outdoors, we can accommodate who choose to sit together from any number of households, but you must sit at least one metre apart and stick to the government’s social distancing rules.
- You may stand outside in groups of up to six people, paying strict attention to the one metre social distancing rule.
- You are able to smoke in the outside area, but not on or beside the steps of back door, which must be kept clear at all times.
We understand that this is going to be a strange experience, one very different to what we are all used to. We ask for your full cooperation and thank you in advance for supporting Trethorne during these unusual times.